Friday, October 2, 2015

Are We Alone?

I am often reminded of how loneliness can overcome us. Being a writer and working primarily from home can instill a secret kind of loneliness. I know I am never alone. We have pets, five cats and three dogs who remind me all the time that they need my attention. I am also reminded of how much I am not alone when I climb the Avalanche Mountain in Boyne City, Michigan. When I reach the top of the mountain I am reminded of God's presence when I hear the Wood Peckers, when I see the beauty of the landscape, when I view Lake Charlevoix from the top of the mountain, and just the sheer magic of mountain. The acorns litter the path. I have gathered many of these acorns. I planted some acorns to begin growing an oak tree.

            The love of the pet guardians I meet on the mountain serves as a remembrance of how precious life is. The care that is given to the paths on the mountain demonstrates the importance of this sacred place. Some of the wood has been replaced on the stairs to the top of the mountain. I am preparing to climb the mountain for the third time this week. I never get bored of doing so. It is an elated memory of mine. I have yet to get my adult children and grandchild to climb it with me. I am hoping that changes. My adult daughter seems to feel threatened by the idea of climbing it. But I feel once she reached the top, she would feel ecstatic at her achievement.           My life is full of ups and downs like everyone else. No one has a perfect life. I am grateful for all that I do have in my life from my misfortunes to the great things that unfolds in my life. I am not a part of some of my loved ones’ lives out my need to protect myself. I feel that is a shame and wish that was not the case. I realized that it hurts to not have them in my life; but it would hurt more to have them in my life. How sad. I have learned a lot from all my experiences with all the people in my life from the ones who truly love me to the ones who do not have my best interests in mind. Some of my relationships are blooming and some have become stagnant. However, I am reminded that some things remain the same.

            My guardian angels and others from divinity who look out for me do not leave my side. I have been involved in serious car accidents and came out of these circumstances with very little pain. I am so glad our loved ones were not harmed also during those mishaps. Rolling down an embankment six to eight times was beyond my belief that we even survived. We stopped short of the river. We were definitely being watched over.

            I have food on my table, a bed to rest my weary body and people who love me for who I am. I say weary body because I am participating in a fit bit activity which tracks my steps, my sleep, and I enter the food I eat and amount of water I drink. My wonderful husband Donny remembered me mentioning my daughter’s fit bit and how I was interested in on having one the bands to wear. He is so thoughtful. It is making me more cognizant of my steps, etc. I am going to try a new way of climbing the mountain today. Taking the path less traveled.

            We are not alone, any of us. We have a lot to be thankful for, the good and the bad. Life reveals lots of lessons. I am grateful that I learned to love myself more. I am grateful for those who have taught me valuable lessons and I thank my lucky stars for living the life I have been blessed to live. Life is good. It’s messy, sometimes complicated and oftentimes filled with memorable moments. We just have to be awake for all it has to offer.

           

 

No comments:

Post a Comment