Monday, September 5, 2016

I Would Have Been....

I Would Have Been….
a thief, but I just couldn’t take it.
…a baker, but I couldn’t raise the dough.
…a professor, but I didn’t have the class
…an optometrist, but I just couldn’t see it – and I didn’t want to make a spectacle of myself.
…a dentist, but I couldn’t stand the daily grind.
…a watchmaker, but I didn’t have the hands for it.
…a plumber, but my plans went down the drain
…a truck driver, but I was too young to shift for myself.
…a strip tease artist, but I just couldn’t bare it.
…a telephone operator, but it wasn’t my line.
…a mail carrier, but it wasn’t my bag.
…a photographer, but nothing developed.


Reference

Goodman, J. (Editor), (1988). Laughing Matters. What to Do When You Start at 9 Sharp and End at 5 Dull. Volume 2 – number 2. New York: The Humor Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment